Saturday, September 11, 2010

Biz Buzz

Momma! Now don’t go slappin’ out-of-towners, but do you see that girl over there in the white go-go boots? Lord Have Mercy! The Fool! Outlaw! The fashion police are gonna throw her in the slummy slammer! Honey, every Southern girl knows you can’t wear white shoes after Labor Day unless you’re in the health care industry or unless it’s that slightly off-white color called Winter White! Dang! But, y’all! Thank goodness the no-white law don’t apply to everything ‘cause I flat can’t wait to put on my fantabulously fashionable and wickedly white jacket my handsome husband gave me for my birthday! Honey, this Tribal jacket rocks and there are still some left at Amelia’s located at 172 South Main Street in Madison! Anyhow it’s made of this fantastic white pleather that looks and feels just smack like leather! No one will know. I promise! Plus you can wash it! Y’all get over there and check out all the new fall fashions at Amelia’s like the new line Renuar! Talk about sexy jackets, skirts and tops! Mercy! Get me my handsome husband’s credit card before I have a conniption fit!
Ok! So since The Man made me work on Labor Day I made the best of it by doing what I do best: Shopping while pretending to sell ads for the Morgan County Citizen! Yeah! So anyway, I popped on over to Barkin’ Dog Shoes located at 172 South Main Street next to Amelia’s in Madison to see owner Vickie Hunt and check out the hottest boots to kick up a fuss in Morgan County! They’re those famous Frye Boots and honey I’ve got first dibs on the tall harness style! Ding dang y’all! As soon as I get me my Frye Boots, I’m gonna have to buy me a horse to go with them! And, then I reckon I’ll have to buy me some farm land and a barn! Lord! Then I’ll can get me some chickens and have my very own locally laid eggs! Talk ‘bout a complete outfit! Y’all get over there and check out those fab boots immediately! Oh but I nearly forgot to tell y’all the best part! Vickie is already workin’ on her spring line and honey we’re all gonna be starrin’ in the movie Walkin’ Tall! That’s ‘cause she’s gonna carry this gloriously chic brand called Born Crown and they’ve got heels, heels, heels and then some wedges! Oh. My. Gosh! Y’all are gonna love Spring!
New Tea in Town. Get your pinkies in position y’all! No! The Queen of England is not comin’ to Morgan County, although she sure dang should! The big news is that we’re gonna get us a proper tea room right smack dab in Madison! The Madison Tea Room and Garden is gonna be located in the former Madison Museum of Fine Arts building at 290 Hancock St., right down from the fabulous Madison Produce Co.! Ok so I spoke with owner Catherine Russel the other day and she said they’re gonna start remodeling in October and are shootin’ to open in December! Won’t that be fantastic? To get an idea of what it’ll be like, Catherine said for y’all to check out her Franklin Village Tea Room in Franklin, Mich., by visitin’ www.franklinvillagetea.com! It’s just beautiful! I can’t wait to see what Catherine is gonna do right here in Morgan County! Y’all keep watchin’ this column for updates!
Hey and Lorenze and Alison Tremonti of Ella’s Sweet Shoppe located at 191 West Jefferson St., in Madison wanted me to tell y’all they are hostin’ birthday bashes like nobody’s business! Honey, they’ll do it all so you won’t have to! Love it! Good gosh y’all! They’ve even got a life-sized Candy . . . I mean Ella’s Sweet Land Game for the kids to play! It’s oh so cool! If you haven’t checked out this fantastic new addition to Madison, you flat don’t know what you’re missin’! Delish gelato! Scrumptious chocolates! Classic candies! Birthday room! Lord have mercy! Hey and you can now help Ella’s raise money for the Morgan County High School Cheerleaders by gettin’ ticket to win a super fab $350 value prize! Ding dang! Tickets are $5 or 5 for $20! Perf! Go get it today!
Yikes! I’m runnin’ outta space and I ain’t done yet! That’s right! Madison Main Street Director Ann Huff wanted me to remind y’all ‘bout the concert in Town Park this Thursday night! Be there or be square! Hey and y’all all had best sign up to compete in the upcomin’ Chili Cookoff come October! The Citizen’s Hot Off The Presses team is comin’ back this year for a win so watch out! Check out the Chili Cookoff ad in this newspaper for details!
Hey and y’all don’t you dare forget to buy your tickets to the upcomin’ Fall Kitchen Tour hosted by the Madison Morgan Chamber of Commerce on Sept. 17 and 18! It’s gonna be fantastically fun! Call the Chamber at 706-342-4454 to get your tickets which will be good for both tour days! What a deal!
Whew! Made it out alive! I’ve gotta scoot over to the Citizen’s Sports section to get the scoop on last Friday night’s fantastic Morgan County High School Football Game! Y’all be real sweet to Momma, support our advertisers with your dollars honey and I’ll see all y’all next week: Same time. Same Number One Newspaper in the Great State of Georgia!

No comments: